An insect adventure is coming
Local Mixed Martial Artist attains black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Ortega wins House District 52, other Jackson County results are in
Preliminary trialheld for Drurymurder charge
Animal Shelter must be a priority
- Emergency Center to open - 10:59 pm
- Ortega wins House District 52, other Jackson County results are in - 9:38 pm updated: 9:35 am.
- Scholarship endowment established with WOSC Foundation - 10:57 am
- Local reunion to celebrate 10 years later - 4:36 pm updated: 6:05 pm.
- Animal Shelter must be a priority - 4:36 pm
- Amateur radio demonstration set - 4:35 pm
- Lonewolf Independence Day celebration set - 4:35 pm
- A safe shop is a happy shop - 4:35 pm
- Class of ‘56 reunites for 60th - 3:06 pm
- Early primary voting slated - 3:06 pm
- Firework sales fund church needs - 3:06 pm
- City budget approved - 3:05 pm
- Possible scam alert issued - 4:22 pm
- Local student to attend art school - 4:22 pm
- Health department funded - 4:21 pm
- Pets of the week seek homes - 4:18 pm
- First West Nile virus case of season - 4:17 pm
- Jackson County arrests for June 17-20 - 3:34 pm
- Defense spending supported - 3:34 pm
- Southwest Oklahoma tourism touted - 3:33 pm updated: 3:37 pm.
- Altus Police Department radio logs for June 17-20 - 3:33 pm
- KC-46 tanker’sarrival delayed,but still coming - 3:33 pm
- SWOSU fundraiser slated - 3:32 pm
- Jackson County arrests June 13-16 - 12:16 pm
- Military academy appointees honored - 12:12 pm
- EDC approves $90,000 for tourism - 3:35 pm
- Beware buying flood-damaged vehicle - 3:35 pm
- Outdoor Recreation opportunities touted - 3:34 pm
- School districts sue tax commission - 3:33 pm
- OSDE announces more cuts. - 3:33 pm
- City to seek bids for gym floor - 4:01 pm
- Absentee ballot deadline approaches - 4:01 pm
- Fire departments get private funds - 4:01 pm
- Frazer Bank funds new AHS marquee - 4:00 pm
- Local businesses help children - 2:13 pm
- Board proposes 33 job cuts - 2:12 pm
- Free soil health workshop slated - 2:12 pm
- Summer movies are free - 2:11 pm
- Jackson County arrests for June 10-13 - 2:10 pm
- New citizens honored Flag Day - 2:10 pm
- Altus Police Incident Report for June 10-13 - 2:09 pm
- Schulz, Ortega discuss final session - 2:35 pm
- Kid’s College kicks off at WOSC - 2:34 pm
- Anniversary - 2:30 pm
- Jasmine Gate funding sought - 3:17 pm
- Annual eventslated honorspatriotism - 3:17 pm
- WOSC takes dorm ownership - 3:17 pm
- Council OKs agreement - 3:16 pm
- Health care ‘workshop’ overflows - 3:51 pm
- WOSC programs,personnel cut;tuition increased - 3:48 pm
Early primary voting slated
Voters will go to the polls Tuesday for the primary election, Jackson County Election Board Secretary Jennifer L. Wilson said.Please keep the followin...
Firework sales fund church needs
The Altus Church of God has organized a fireworks stand as a fundraiser, about 4.5 miles north of the Altus Wal-Mart. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to...
City budget approved
At the Altus Municipal Authority met Tuesday evening. The mayor and council voted on and adopted the combined budgets of the City of Altus Municipal A...
Possible scam alert issued
Altus High School has had reports of solicitors calling personal phone numbers and attempting to sell advertising for AHS.According to Amanda Davis, d...
Local student to attend art school
LONE WOLF — Years of hard work and dedication have paid off for Navajo High School student Julia Pelletier, who has earned a spot at the prestig...
Health department funded
The Jackson County Commissioners met Monday morning for their regular weekly meeting.Approval was given on the contract between the Jackson County Hea...
Due to incorrect information provided, a sports story June 21 incorrectly said the training regimen CrossFit was held at Stand Strong Fitness gym. It ...
Lady Bulldogs impress at summer camps
The one thing coaches Stacie Terbush and Janice Hardwick wanted more than anything with their camp this summer was to give the young attendees in-dept...
McCaskillslated fortrials forOlympics
Anybody who followed Altus High School track and field from 2002 to 2004 knew the name Will McCaskill II.He was a runner who commanded attention when ...
What started out in 2006-07 as a small gym training high school and college-aged athletes out of a storage unit at AAA Mini Storage on North Park Lane...
All-Sports Association golf tournament slated
The Altus All-Sports Association is hosting its annual golf tournament and fundraising event June 25 to kick off the new year for the association.In t...
Class of ‘56 reunites for 60th
It seems like just yesterday that Elvis Presley’s “Heartbreak Hotel” was playing all across America while the Class of 1956 was gett...
The Southern Prairie Library System welcomes back the dynamic duo of children’s music, the Sugar Free Allstars 2 p.m. at the Altus Public Librar...
Tai Chi Classes scheduled
In Oklahoma, falls are the leading cause of fatal and nonfatal injuries for adults over 65. Nearly 7,000 older adults are hospitalized, and more than ...
Stand Strong with fitness
Twenty-four years ago, Jill Richards got her start in the fitness industry in Charleston, South Carolina. It was something that started from a desire ...
Elm and Hudson Church of Christ will be holding Vacation Bible School Olympics themed “Champions for Christ” Sunday, June 19. Children are...
Sugar Free Allstars to perform
The Southern Prairie Library System is thrilled to welcome back that dynamic duo of children’s music, the Sugar Free Allstars. The band will be ...
The day I truly grew up
Father’s Day has arrived and it is a day I honestly felt I would never take part in, but when we go back four years and nine months ago, we woul...
Editor’s note: State House District 52 Rep. Charles Ortega (R-Altus) was provided an opportunity to respond.Editor,The Oklahoma Legislature̵...
Suspicions confirmed about the IRS
As intentionally spelled out in the U.S. Constitution in the first and arguably most foundational amendment, “Congress shall make no law respect...
Editor’s note: State House District 52 Rep. Charles Ortega (R-Altus) was provided an opportunity to respond.Editor,After a formal endorsement of...
Dear Editor,Welcome to Altus. I am writing this inquiry on behalf of the senior citizens who participate in the Meal Site program.You are probably awa...