‘A League of Our Own’ makes smiles
School supplies are needed
Benway ready to shine at Northwestern Oklahoma State
Basketball court to be renamed
- View Story - 1:08 pm
- Monitors find Aedes aegypti mosquitoes in Altus - 6:47 pm
- Preseason wheat meeting set - 6:16 pm
- Volunteer foster child advocates sought - 6:15 pm
- New fiscalyear tasksapproved - 6:15 pm
- Correction - 6:15 pm
- Voter registration deadline Friday - 6:13 pm
- DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’ - 6:54 pm
- DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train - 6:49 pm
- Bensonelectedas OJCleader - 11:57 am
- Altus Police Department incidents July 22-24 - 11:56 am
- Jackson County arrests for July 21-24 - 11:56 am
- School supplies are needed - 11:55 am
- Back-to-School Brigade coming to Western - 11:55 am
- Lujan waives preliminary hearing - 11:54 am
- Martin Ace Hardware set to open - 11:54 am
- DNC: - 11:37 am
- DNC 2016: Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren thrill convention - 11:53 pm
- DNC 2016: Die-hard Sanders backers divided on backing Clinton - 11:07 pm
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:24 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- LNC helps to feed cattle - 12:10 pm
- WOSC Welcome Week 2016 slated - 12:05 pm
- Hastings set to close - 12:04 pm
- View Story - 12:03 pm
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- Privetts open new event center - 3:42 pm
- Stolen utility vehicle recovered - 3:41 pm
- Preliminary hearing slated for Shaw - 6:43 pm
- Emergency planning,exercise tests localdisaster response - 6:43 pm
- Initial appearances in Jackson County court July 19 - 6:43 pm
- DARE teaches life skills to sixth-graders - 6:43 pm
- Rape court date set for DeJesus - 6:43 pm
- Bar-S Foods food recall announced - 6:42 pm
- Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 5:24 pm updated: 5:24 pm.
- Tuesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:48 pm updated: 6:53 pm.
- Police appreciation night slated - 3:09 pm
- Altus police radio logs from July 15-18 - 3:09 pm
- Cain begins city manager job - 3:08 pm
- Altus Cemetery equipment stolen - 3:08 pm
- Jackson County arrests July 14-18 - 3:08 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Free back-to-school supplies for military - 11:47 am
- Prison sentencehanded downfor child abuse - 7:31 pm
- One-stop enrollment slated - 6:32 pm
Associate District Judge Brad Benson of Frederick was elected president of the Oklahoma Judicial Conference on Friday in Oklahoma City. The Oklahoma J...
Altus Police Department incidents July 22-24
Residential alarm, 421 Villa de Sol.Stolen property, 1005 N. York St.Business alarm, Altus High School.Fight, Mr. Bill’s convenience store (no w...
Jackson County arrests for July 21-24
Stephanie Elaine Ballou, Drug trafficking.Anna Marie Ngyuen, Public intoxication, illegal use of a public radio, possession of drug paraphernalia, pos...
School supplies are needed
School supply lists are beginning to circulate, and stores are stocked with paper, pencils and just about anything else one might need to complete a d...
Back-to-School Brigade coming to Western
Since its inception 14 years ago, there is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that has provided emergency assistance to U.S. military troops and their...
Lujan waives preliminary hearing
On April 19, a criminal warrant was issued for 33-year-old Richard Israel Lujan on the anticipated charge of lewd molestation. Tuesday he waived his r...
Stengell tohead AHSsoftball
Joey Stengell has a reputation around Altus where softball is concerned.Just recently, he was the assistant softball coach at Western Oklahoma State C...
Cross-country teams ready to run
The Altus High School and Altus Junior High cross-country schedule has been released.Coach Rick Patterson said he is excited to get the season started...
Group is 12th man on the field
Everybody in Altus knows all about the Altus High School football team.The team’s run to the state championship last season was well chronicled ...
Police appreciation night slated
Lately, a negative light has been shed over police officers all around the United States.Many people fail to recognize the job officers face in their ...
Bridges bound for Wyoming
Editor’s note: This is one in a series of stories about Altus athletes who received college scholarships.Wrestling might be something Montorie B...
Go wild with ‘Zoomba’
The Southern Prairie Library System is hosting a “Zoomba” presentation from the Oklahoma City Zoo. This program concludes the 2016 Summer ...
More than 2,000 meals served
The ninth annual St. John Baptist Church in Altus summer feeding program successfully fed more than 2,000 meals during the month of June, according to...
Danny and Melinda Alcorta of Altus wish to announce the engagement of their daughter Krista Alcorta to Klinton Seddon of Altus.The bridegroom’s ...
Tourism ambassadorvisits local businesses
Miss Altus 2016 Lexie Herron is this summer’s tourism ambassador who will be visiting businesses during the next few weeks to promote Altus and ...
Food Bankbackpacksare sought
Thanks to the Backpacks with a Purpose or B-WAP program, for every backpack that is purchased from a website, two backpacks are donated to nonprofit o...
Anxious squirrelcauses accident:Why plan whenyou can react?
I was sitting out in my backyard the other day, admiring my handiwork.I’m not a lawn and garden fanatic, but I did manage to make time to mow, s...
USDA is redefining organic
On April 7, 2016, the USDA proposed a new rule to redefine organic production through provisions on livestock and poultry practices.According to the O...
Is it instinctiveto like watchingthings blow up?
I just saw R. Lee Ermey on TV the other day, a former Marine turned actor who was promoting the next season of his shoot ‘em up military show. T...
Practice 10,000 hours and counting
It is said that to become an expert at anything, you would need to practice your craft for 10,000 hours. Maybe there is some truth to that, but how ma...
Editor’s note: State House District 52 Rep. Charles Ortega (R-Altus) was provided an opportunity to respond.Editor,During my almost 40 years of ...