Biosecurity important to protect from avian influenza
Wheat producers should check for hollow stems
City eyes generator maintenance
Jackson County Junior Livestock Show setup underway
Future Farmers of America Week in full swing
- Senate confirms former banker Mnuchin as Treasury secretary - 4:10 pm
- How Google Chromebooks conquered schools - 4:10 pm
- Critics: Trump should not ignore domestic terrorist threats - 4:09 pm updated: 4:09 pm.
- Oklahoma eighth-grade athlete overcomes paralysis - 2:43 pm
- Biosecurity important to protect from avian influenza - 2:43 pm
- Wheat producers should check for hollow stems - 2:43 pm
- Oklahoma gardening underway - 2:42 pm
- Today in History - 2:38 pm
- Commissioners discuss appropriations - 2:34 pm
- Professionals sought for rural areas - 2:32 pm
- Scripture - 2:30 pm
- Oklahoma lottery - 2:30 pm
- Police log for Feb. 21-22 - 2:30 pm
- Community Calendar - 2:28 pm
- Jackson County Junior Livestock Show setup underway - 8:25 pm updated: 8:44 pm.
- Future Farmers of America Week in full swing - 8:24 pm updated: 8:43 pm.
- Altus Police investigate bomb threat at Long John Silver’s - 8:23 pm updated: 8:44 pm.
- State House committee eyes concealed carry firearm rights - 3:51 pm
- Women’s basketball now has its own version of “Deflategate” - 3:50 pm
- Oklahoma House passes bill ending electric chair executions - 3:49 pm
- Pruitt OK’d as EPA chief over environmentalists’ objections - 3:49 pm
- Annual defense bill veto proof - 6:16 pm
- New regulation decreases cost of outpatient medication - 6:16 pm
- CBO seeks to remove concurrent recipients - 6:16 pm
- Avanlache of TRICARE changes - 6:15 pm
Professionals sought for rural areas
OKLAHOMA CITY – Two state House bills intended to attract doctors and workers to sparsely populated areas of Oklahoma were endorsed in committee...
The Gospel of Matthew 16:13-19When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Ma...
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — These Oklahoma lotteries were drawn Tuesday:Cash 505-12-13-19-28Mega Millions09-21-30-32-75, Mega Ball: 9, Megaplier: 5Esti...
Police log for Feb. 21-22
IncidentsTuesday12:44 a.m., Walk through, 619 N. Main St.1:15 a.m., Juvenile in need of assistance, 2516 E. Broadway St.1:18 a.m., Check suspicious su...
Please submit all items by noon to run the next publication day. All submissions must include a street address where the event will be held and a cont...
Jackson County Junior Livestock Show setup underway
The Jackson County Junior Livestock show is coming to town Friday through Monday.It’s the event for which all the young Future Farmers of Americ...
Today in Sports
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 22, the 53rd day of 2017. There are 312 days left in the year.Today’s sports highlights in history:1919 — The fir...
Duke teams prevail at regionals, advance to area championships
The Duke Tigers (22-5) won eight of their previous 10 games heading into the Class B District basketball tournament.In the first round of the tourname...
NFL fans may be tuning out
HOUSTON — It may have been a blip, explained as much by the must-watch presidential debates as by some wholesale turn away from football. Or, de...
Lots of points, lots of dunks, not a lot of All-Star defense
NEW ORLEANS — It was the fourth quarter of the All-Star Game, and a few fans started yelling loudly enough for DeAndre Jordan to hear them from ...
New NBA All-Star dunk king crowned
NEW ORLEANS — Glenn Robinson III is the NBA’s new dunk king, with an assist to Indiana teammate Paul George, the Pacers’ mascot and ...
Lady Dawgs win out after opening round loss
The Altus Junior High Lady Dawgs (13-2) went into the Cache Junior High Tournament knowing they would be tasked with taking on tough competitors in a ...
Owen Blevins of Altus was born 8:16 a.m. Nov. 7 and weighed 8 pounds and 15 ounces.Proud parents are Cheyenne Mathews and Douglas Blevins of Altus.The...
Remember Central Health Mart Pharmacy? It was at 301 N. Hudson St. where Martha’s Treasures stands today. Here is Don Rice, the owner, in front ...
Adlee Atwell of Warren celebrates her third birthday Dec. 29.Proud parents are James and Kayla Atwell of Warren.Grandparents are Sara Lemaster of Altu...
Church of Christ minister selected
Henry Holub was recently selected as the new minister at the Tamarack Road Church of Christ in Altus.He has been the youth minister at the church for ...
Take time for early watch prayer
In the morning, while it was still very dark, Jesus got up and went out to a deserted place, and there he prayed. — Mark 1:35One day Jesus was p...
Towing requirements, lighting illuminated
Is it legal to tow a car with a chain, rope or cable? The answer is no.Title 47 Oklahoma State Statue 12 Section 405.2.C of this statute sums it up br...
Now is the time for all to take a breath of fresh air
Sometimes our expectations can be quite different than the reality.I spent some time during my military service at the Marine Corps headquarters.It wa...
Peace still seems elusive for many, but necessary for all
One current issue that still confounds leaders is this persistent problem of terrorism.As one victim of an attack once said, “Why can’t we...
House bills are a mixed bag
This year’s Oklahoma legislative session is upon us, and it begins this week.At the beginning, the legislature is flooded with bills. Some are g...
‘Twitter war’ takes on a new meaning
With the stroke of a pen, the world begins to change. This is what I would have said in former years.These days another saying may be more appropriate...