The Jackson County Community Health Action Team (JCCHAT) 2013 Community Health Survey is being released throughout the county.
Your participation in the survey is vital to building healthy environments for our children and families. Did you know:
- By completing and returning your survey you are participating in gathering important local health information that can be used to write grants that will enhance our schools, neighborhoods and communities?
- Every year, the federal government distributes more than $400 billion to tribal, state, and local governments based not only on census data but also on local health data.
- Community Health survey data can help guide local planning decisions which may impact local services, programs and other opportunities?
You can create a better future for your community by participating in th e survey. This is the first time the survey is being conducted and will provide a general idea of health issues and factors impacting Tillman County residents/families. It also allows for community input on programs and services needed in the area JCCHAT, a local coalition, relies on accurate community health data for grant writing and planning for the programs and services offered to our community. Some programs and services offered by JCCHAT include: Jackson County Free Health Clinic, Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT) Transitional Living Program, Mentoring, Teen Pregnancy Prevention, Farmer’s Market, Community Garden, and Systems of Care.
How will you get your survey?
* Access survey on web at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RW3J9FW
* Surveys were mailed to City of Altus households in their Power bills December 2012; households should complete their surveys and mail or drop them off with their payment at the City of Altus or mail them to 401 West Tamarack, Altus, OK 73521.
* Surveys will be delivered to schools and sent home with students. Parents should complete the survey and send back with their child to school or drop them off at any drop off location.
* If you would like a survey e-mailed to you, please send Dennie Christian an e-mail at email@example.com. A survey will be e-mailed to you.
* Jackson County Memorial Hospital has posted a link to the survey on their website. Website address is www.jcmh.com
Drop Off locations are the City of Altus, 509 S. Main, and the Jackson County Health Department, at 401 West Tamarack.
The 2013 Community Health Survey is easy and important. Your participation is vital. For additional information contact Dennie Christian at the Jackson County Health Department, (580) 482-7308.