December 17, 2012
The County Commissioners met in regular meeting Dec. 17 in the County Commissioners office.
Agenda items included the acceptance of Christy Hair’s letter of resignation, and the appointment of Robin Booker to serve as County Clerk due to Hair’s resignation on Dec. 14.
County Treasurer, Renee Howard, presented the Cigarette Tax Report for the month of November 2012 totaling $1448.89; the County Use tax for the month of October 2012 totaling $5359.39; and the County Sales Tax for the month of October 2012 totaling $112519.03.
County Assessor, Gerald Sherrill, Jr. approached the commissioners regarding the cleaning up of the vault in the janitors room. There are many old computers, printers, etc. that need to be junked or disposed of. Each officer agreed they will go through the vault and see what needs to disposed of.
County Commissioner, Marty Clinton, said in light of the shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, the Courthouse would holda a mandatory Safety Briefing for all courthouse employees.
County Commissioners, Marty Clinton presented a donation of 40 hours of sick leave from Robin Booker to Patricia Carpenter, which was approved by both issuing officer & receiving office officer.
John Northrop, Brad Coalson presented each commissioner with a Repair/ New Load Ratings/ Closure recommendations for bridges. District #1 and District #2 each had recommendations. District #3 had none. There was no action to be taken on this item.
A Motion was made by Carrell, seconded by Fixico to approve, as presented, the Cooperative Extension Services Agreement between the Oklahoma State University Acting For and on Behalf of its Cooperative Extension Service and the United States Department of Agriculture and the Board of County Commissioners of Jackson County for the period July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
County Extension Director, Gary Strickland, presented to the board a letter from the State Election Board that states on January 1, 2013, Senate Bill 223, concerning elections for county free fair associations, takes effect. There’s no action to be taken on this item.
A Motion was made by Carrell, seconded by Fixico to approve the advertisement for bids for Printing and Delivery of Digital Ballots for all Elections During the Twelve (12) Month Period Beginning January 1, 2013 and Ending December 31, 2013.
A Motion was made by Fixico, seconded by Carrell to appoint Dr. Joe Leverett as trustee of the Jackson County Memorial Hospital Authority with his term beginning January 1, 2013 and ending December 31, 2014.
Commissioners then opened bids on new motor graders. Bids were submitted as follows:
1. Kirby Smith Machinery – No Bid
2. Van Keppel - $199,100.00 - 2013 Volvo G946B Motor Grader
3. C.L. Boyd - $197,897.00 – 672G John Deere Motor Grader
4. Warren cat - $195,598.00 – 120M-2 Cat Motor Grader
After opening of bids and looking over them, a motion was made by Carrell, seconded by Fixico to accept 6 Motor Graders from C.L. Boyd as follows: District #2 will accept four (4) John Deere 672G Motor Graders all with option #3. District #3 will accept one (1) John Deere 672G Motor Grader option #2 with rear ripper & one (1) John Deere 672G Motor Grader options # 2 & 7 with rear ripper & front mounted lift group. Bid received from Warren Cat was not a legal bid due to not being notorized.
The next item was consideration and possible action on declaring equipment surplus for Jackson County District #3 and be placed in the Statewide County Equipment Auction on March 8 & 9, 2013. A Motion was made by Carrell, seconded by Fixico to declare twelve (12) items as surplus & to be placed in the Statewide County Equipment Auction March 8 & 9, 2013.
1. D302-0089 S/N 1M1AN07YX9N004252 2009 MACK DAY CAB TRUCK TRACTOR
2. D302-0090 S/N 1M1AN07Y29N003676 2009 MACK DAY CAB TRUCK TRACTOR
3. D301-0027 S/N 1FTRF18W92NB92898 2002 FORD F150 4 X 4 REGULAR CAB
4. D304-0020 S/N L06430H531055 2007 JOHN DEERE 6430 TRACTOR
5. D610-0002 PORTABLE TOILET
6. D307-0053 S/N DW772DX606642 2006 JOHN DEERE 772D MOTOR GRADER
7. D348-0011 S/N D79137301 1980 TEMPTE BELLY DUMP TRAILER
8. D348-0017 S/N D79277301 1980 TEMPTE BELLY DUMP TRAILER
9. D406-0004 S/N E66395T23649081 5 HP AIR COMPRESSOR
10. D307-0049 S/N DW772CH579034 2001 JOHN DEERE 772CH MOTOR GRADER
11. D440-0001 S/N 944 ROTARY TILLER 3-POINT HOOKUP
12. HYDRAULIC CONCRETE BREAKER
Commissioners then took consideration and possible action on declaring equipment surplus for Jackson County District #2 and be placed in the Statewide County Equipment Auction on March 8 & 9, 2013. A Motion was made by Fixico, seconded by Carrell to declare thirteen (13) items as surplus & to be placed in the Statewide County Equipment Auction March 8 & 9, 2013.
1. D307-0056 S/N KMTGD026K01055058 2011 KOMATSU MOTOR GRADER
2. D307-0057 S/N KMTGD022C01051723 2011 KOMATSU MOTOR GRADER
3. D302-0078 S/N 1FUYDCYB9RH543837 1994 FREIGHTLINER SLEEPER CAB
4. D307-0055 S/N VCEOG946V00041118 2007 VOLVO MOTOR GRADER
5. D307-0054 S/N VCEOG946L00041123 2007 VOLVO MOTOR GRADER
6. D304-0015 S/N LD6400H180901 1996 JOHN DEERE 6400 TRACTOR
7. D301-0015 S/N 1GCEC14M0VZ253046 1997 CHEVY ½ TON SINGLE CAB
8. D318-0006 S/N 430066 2003 ROAD GROOM
9. D332-0009 S/N JJG0286927 2001 CASE BACKHOE
10. D404-0011 S/N 04052588 2006 JOHN DEERE SHREDDER
11. D441-0026 S/N WOCX15F007252 2010 JOHN DEERE SHREDDER
12. D304-0018 S/N PO6603X002597 2005 JOHN DEERE 6603 TRACTOR
13. PUMA 60-GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR
A motion was made by Carrell and seconded by Fixico to approve claims for payment.
Those present were: Chairman, Marty Clinton; Vice Chairman, Anthony Fixico; Member, Cary Carrell; County Assessor, Gerald Sherrill; County Treasurer, Renee Howard( late arrival item #5); OSU Extension, Gary Strickland(late arrival item #9); 1st Deputy County Clerk’s Office, Helen Holcombe; County Clerk Elect, Robin Booker; Warren Cat Salesman, Chris Belford; G.W. Van Keppel Salesman, Ward Hill; C.L. Boyd Salesman, Jimmy Taylor; Robert Bolte, Brad Coalson, John Northrop with CED 7