The Altus City Council released the agenda for the next regularly scheduled meeting immediately following the Altus Municipal Authority or AMA meeting set for 6:30 p.m. Aug. 16. in the council chambers at the Altus Municipal Complex, 509 S. Main St. in Altus.
Following the call to order, roll call and comments from the audience, the consent agenda for the council to consider includes approval of the minutes from the Aug. 2 meeting and receipt and acknowledgement of the claims list.
The Altus Animal Welfare Association is scheduled to give a presentation.
The street commissioner and city engineer are scheduled to report on recent flooding of Wilmes Ford and surrounding area.
The board is slated to consider, discuss and vote:
* to approve the permanent placement of stop signs at the intersection of Val Verde Street and Tiera Rica Circle, per the recommendation of the chief of police and traffic engineer, to improve the safety of the streets as authorized by city ordinance and state law.
* to approve a resolution appointing the city manager to serve on the election committee board of directors of the Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority or OMPA or take any other appropriate action.
* to approve an emergency ordinance amending section 18-25 of the Altus Code to comply with state law, increasing from $25 to $50 per day for prisoner labor; replacing mayor with city manager or designee; adding allowing community service pursuant to state law; and to be effective upon passage and approval or take any other appropriate action.
* to award a contract for bulk trash service to Jared Scott Mitchell and Amie Brooke Mitchell doing business as JB’s Removal and Cleanup Service of Willow for a fee of $85 per ton delivered to the city landfill plus landfill tipping fees or take any other appropriate action.
* to award a contract to replace 150kW generator and switch gear for the Altus Southwest Wastewater Treatment Plant to Texoma Power LLC of Ardmore for $55,000 and to approve a resolution appointing Benton Ray of Texoma Power LLC as the city’s purchasing agent or take any other appropriate action.
The board is also prepared to review, discuss and take possible action on other new business, which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to posting of the agenda.
There is time slated for the mayor’s appointments, discussion of the city manager’s comments and reports, city council member’s comments and reports, and the mayor’s comments and reports, before the board is set to adjourn.
For more information contact City Clerk Debbie Davis at 509 S. Main St. Altus or call 580-481-2244.